Query Regarding choosing RPF as a service in UPSC services

Civil Service Aspirants can participate in this forum.

Query Regarding choosing RPF as a service in UPSC services

Postby ttharish » September 21st, 2012, 12:28 pm

Respected Sir,
My Hearty wishes for your elavation to the rank of ADGP, and my best wishes for your posting as ADGP Costal Security Group, Tamilnadu Sir. I am sure, the sea (in tamilnadu) will see a sea of change whilst you are heading this elite group. I am sure under your esteemed guidance sir, the group is going to do the best to protect all of us from any external anti social forces.

I have been preparing for last one and half years sir, and i have interacted with you earlier (http://sylendrababu.com/classic/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=414), which motivated me to come to the current level, where i am confident to take the exams during 2013.

Whilst going through the services that one can choose by writing the UPSC Civil service examinations, i came across the following service," Post of Assistant Security Comissioner in Railway Protection Force"..

I have the following questions running in my mind sir, it would be great if your kindness can clarify the same.

1. Can this service be chosen as our second option, just incase we dont get IPS?
2. Since this is also a uniformed service, will this also have a good scope for us to work?
3. I have been seeing the website of railways sir, and found that the rank and structure are quite similar to the IPS officers, except that the powers of officers of RPF pertain only to railways. But i also saw that these officers can also go for deputation to CBI, SPG, etc. So Just wanted to confirm from you sir, if officers from RPF can go on central deputations like IPS officers to various other Law enforcement agencies and para millatry forces like BSF, CRPF, or elite groups like SPG, NSG etc?
Thanks so much sir for spending your valuable time in going through this. Will look forward to hear from your kindness soon.
Regards
TT HARISH
ttharish

Re: Query Regarding choosing RPF as a service in UPSC services

Postby sylendrababu » October 2nd, 2012, 2:35 pm

It is a good option , the post of Dy com is aclass-1 serice post.
While being in the job, you can try IPS.

PULL THE TRIGGER
Regards,
Dr. C. Sylendra Babu I.P.S.
sylendrababu
Additional Director General of Police, Tamil Nadu.
Additional Director General of Police, Tamil Nadu.

Return to IAS / IPS Aspirants