Please Guide me To Clear my obscurities, Sir

Civil Service Aspirants can participate in this forum.

Please Guide me To Clear my obscurities, Sir

Postby vigneshjeevan » March 1st, 2013, 2:07 pm

Dear Sir,
I am a Final year Undergraduate Commerce student. I am an ardent Civil Service aspirant. Here, now, i've a great difficulty in proceeding forward, dear sir.. Please help me to overcome this kind of obscurity, kind of hindrance which turns sometime as a mental agony or some kind of pressure which urges me to take a decision.. The actual problem with me is, What to do after completing my B.Com and how to proceed in preparing for my civil service ambition.
Sir, i feel prerogative in informing that my ambition is very big so that i feel i can't elucidate it in a single mail. At Present,my goal is in clearing the civil service examination with at most marks. The problem with me starts here,Before clearing my civil service examination, I feel that i do want to get myself specialized in a particular stream. As a prospective commerce graduate, i feel strongly that a Professional Knowledge in commerce, to say in particular,doing CMA(Cost and Management Accountancy) or ACS(Company Secretaryship) will help me a lot in clearing a main subject(Commerce and Accountancy) in Civil Service examination. I feel that, doing a professional degree in tandem with a Post Graduation in particular streams like Public Administration or Econometrics or Sociology or Applied Economics, something like that would do for another main paper in the Civil Service Examination. The real problem which i see here is, when in do a professional course and a post graduation, i could not find much time for dedicated civil service preparations. If that is the case,if i have to prepare for Civil Service after completing a Post Graduation- which'll end soon before a professional qualification- WOULD I BE TOO OLD TO START UP WITH, SIR? (Plausibly, i'll be completing 22yrs when i complete my P.G.) What else could i do? I feel like i'm in a boat with holes, whether to ride the boat to the shore , whatever happens or to find another alternative... please please please guide me, dear sir ..
vigneshjeevan

Re: Please Guide me To Clear my obscurities, Sir

Postby sylendrababu » March 30th, 2013, 6:13 pm

DEAR VIJAY,

YOU APPEAR TO BE A VERY POTENTIAL CANDIDATE. WITH THE NEW CHANGES IN THE
MAIN EXAM, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAIL THROUGH PRETTY EASILY.

BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE FAITH IN YOU, FOR FAITHS ALONE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS.

PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY AND GIVE YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT THIS YEAR. 22 IS THE RIGHT
AGE TO GIVE THE FIRST ATTEMPT.

ENTER ACTION.
Regards,
Dr. C. Sylendra Babu I.P.S.
sylendrababu
Additional Director General of Police, Tamil Nadu.

Postby vigneshjeevan » April 3rd, 2013, 2:04 pm

Dear Sir,
I am in the verge of completing only my undergraduation and i am just 20 years old.Sir, I just have a couple of questions to be cleared. What is the difference one could witness between an officer who just enters into the Indian Administrative Service at an early age and one who enters into service at a later part of age say, who is older than 25 years of age.. What prerogative does one gets by entering at an early age.... My second question is, why do many candidates seldom choose 'commerce and accountancy' as their optionals? Is it so tough to get cleared by choosing that subject, and what is the role of the optional subject which we choose and the degree subjects which plays in the life of an Indian Civil Service officers?
vigneshjeevan

Postby sylendrababu » April 7th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Dear Vignesh,

The advantage of joining at an early age , say at 22 and 23 is that some of the most
prestigious posts like Cabinet secretary in govt of India and that of Chief secretary
to the state government are available only those who had completed 36 years of service.
People who had joined after 25 years of age would have retired by then.

Accountancy is not preferred as it is considered as a low scoring,. but the main cause
for poor score may be the absence of any serious coaching for this subject, if you are
keen and confident , you can choose this subject.

THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS A PURPOSEFUL LIFE
Regards,
sylendrababu

Postby vigneshjeevan » April 10th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your valuable guidelines. I have penchant to get some more guidance from you which i worth the most, sir. As i am in the verge(final year) of completing my U.G. in commerce, and my soul ambition is to be a courage, a world renowned Indian Civil Servant, now, I'd like to do my post graduation in POLITICAL SCIENCE which i feel would be useful for preparing civil service exams as i would take POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS as my optional subject. And, i also feel that doing research in this particular subject would also be helpful in the period of being a civil servant. Sir, at this stage i also consider to choose post graduation in ECONOMICS. Here, I feel very confused and in a big dilemma in choosing a subject between the two. Sir, Please comment and give me your valuable suggestion on this.

As I'll be completing my 20 years of age when i complete my U.G. Degree, i feel that it is the right time to take a right decision as a step towards reaching my desired, revered ambition. In the course of doing my P.G. i 'll simultaneously prepare for civil service exams and i 'll be appearing in my first attempt at the age of 21. I am very desperate and coveted to clear the exams with highest plausible ranking and i have been giving my hard and smart work for it and also will do it in my future course of actions. I am Extremely sorry if i have been wasting your most valuable time, sir.. Actually i am in a confused state in choosing an appropriate subject between the two. It will be am immense help for me if you also add your suggestions regarding the usage of getting a doctorate in the respective subject as being a civil servant .
vigneshjeevan

Postby sylendrababu » April 17th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Dear Vignesh,

You have taken a very well thought our decision of going in for a PG
course. This will help you for the main exam too.

But the PHD is not a good idea now, you may do it while in the service,
may be after 15 years of active service.
Your communiaction skills are good, you are likely score a very high
marks in the main exams.
I am also penchant on giving more information , but will reserve them for the
next letter.

YOU ARE UNSTOPPABLE
Regards,
sylendrababu

Postby vigneshjeevan » April 27th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Dear Sir,

I feel very contend and my heart fills with joy to talk with such an exemplary person. Very happy to see your positive replies sir. You are such a good Samaritan to me, sir. Its a pleasure for me to get good, continuous, comprehensive guidance from you, sir. This is the crucial time for me, as i am going to complete my Under Graduation, as i could give a good deal of high concentration towards clearing civil service exams. I've already mentioned you in my previous missive that, i am going to apply for Post Graduation either in POLITICAL SCIENCE OR IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION OR IN ECONOMICS. Sir, could you please tell me that is that beneficial in doing a Post graduation in POLITICAL SCIENCE? As implicitly, it would be highly helpful for civil service exams. But, other than that is that be beneficial in doing that course, sir? Regarding P.G. in economics, the syllabus covered at colleges in Chennai DO NOT SATISFIES THE SYLLABI OF CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS BUT, OTHER THAN THAT IT WOULD BE HIGHLY HELPFUL FOR INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE(IES) EXAMS. BUT I HAVE PENCHANT IN LEARNING POLITICAL SCIENCE.. I NEED YOUR GUIDANCE ON THIS ISSUE SIR.

I'VE LOT MORE OF QUESTIONS TO BE FILLED WITH BUT, I RESERVE THEM FOR MY NEXT MISSIVE.
vigneshjeevan

Postby sylendrababu » May 19th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Dear Vignesh,

Please keep in mind that you are a commerce graduate, and that you have
learnt that subject as a graduate. Going in for a PG in commerce is the
ideal thing to do. and you can choose commerce for the mains.

It is the GS that is going to matter in the main exam from 2013.
Even the topper of last year had scored just above 50 percent. Marks
are hard to come in any subject.

But if you feel that you can do well in political science , you may do so.
After all you are the best judge. I agree with you that interest in the subject
is paramount, that will work wonders.

BE TOUGHER THAN THE TOUGHEST
Regards,
sylendrababu

Return to IAS / IPS Aspirants